1.19.2012

Heavy

i was a heavy hear to carry 
my beloved was weighed down
my arms around his neck 
my finger laced to crown.

i was a heavy heart to carry 
my feet dragged across the ground
and he took me to the river 
where he slowly let me down

My love has concrete feet
My love's an iron ball
wrapped around your ankles
over the waterfall

I'm so heavy, Heavy
Heavy in your arms
i'm so heavy, heavy 
Heavy in your arms

And is it worth the wait
All this killing time?
Are you strong enough to stand
Protecting both your heart and mine?

i really love this song. The song's pretty straight forward.
i think the narrator of this song feels as if she has too much baggage to be good enough for the man she loves. she feels as if her love is a burden, weighing him down. (I was a heavy heart to carry/ My feet dragged across the ground). I think she feels selfish for loving him because her problems only add to his own. I think the line " And he took me to the river,Where he slowly let me drown" is her saying that she doesn't blame him for getting rid of her. The last verse tells us that the man she loves is unlike the rest because he is stronger than the others. He is strong enough to protect the both of them

C

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...