I made this last night and oh my goodness i was so happy with how it turned out! I could have browned the butter a little more but i thought it was amazing and Aaron was loving it too! So that means it must be good!
1-1.5lb salmon filet with skin on
course sea salt
2 Tbs butter
1 Tbs flour
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup white grape juice
1 Tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450
- Place filet, skin side down on a roasting pan, sprinkle with sea salt and place in oven, bake until flakes apart with a for, about 15 min
- While fish is cooking, place the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook until the butter browns, watch it carefully and swirl the pan as you go, it will turn fairly quick and you don't want it completely burnt, just a light brown color.
- Once the butter turns, add the flour and stir then quickly add the heavy cream and juice and lemon juice.
- Stir the sauce until slightly thickened then remove from heat and add some salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the salmon from oven and serve with a little of the sauce drizzled over top.
good sides for this meal: Brown or white rice, broccoli, asparagus, really any veggies would work!